Hi, I’m Beau Blackwell, the founder of Let’s Make Kids’ Books. I created this site as a place for aspiring children’s book authors to learn everything they need to know to create, publish, and sell their books. Things like:
- How to generate ideas for your books
- How to stay motivated so you actually get your book finished and published
- How to find and work with great illustrators
- How to format your book, both for digital sales and for print
- How to properly submit it to Amazon and other self-publishing platforms
- How to find tools and resources that make everything easier
- How to price your book so you make the most money possible
- How to get your book in front of readers without spending a lot of money or time
If you’ve always wanted to see your name on the cover of your own book, but have gotten stuck or given up along the way, then this is the place for you!
How Let’s Make Kids’ Books Can Help You
I created Let’s Make Kids’ Books specifically to help people who are passionate about creating their own kids’ books but need help figuring out the process. When I started writing my books a little while back, I had to figure out every part of the self-publishing process by trial and error, which isn’t fun. And even though I’m a pretty tech-savvy guy, I struggled with some of the formatting and publication stuff to the point where I nearly gave up.
After I finally figured everything out and started telling friends and random strangers about my books, a surprising number of them told me that they’d always dreamed of creating their own children’s books, but had no idea where to start or had gotten tripped up somewhere along the way. It got me thinking that the best way to help these people, and hopefully to help you, would be to create an amazing resource about self-publishing kids’ books.
My goals for Let’s Make Kids’ Books are:
- To give aspiring children’s book authors the information and confidence they need to bring their book into the world
- To answer as many questions about the self-publishing process as possible
- To provide PROVEN strategies and tactics for self-publishing success
- To give authors a community that supports them and encourages them to achieve their creative dreams
- To help anyone who is willing to put in time and passionate effort to become a published children’s book author
There’s a famous quote from Thoreau that says, “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to their graves with the song still in them.” I want to help you get your song out of you and into the world. My promise to you is that if you will believe in yourself and do the work, I’ll get you the information and support you need to make your book a reality.
Sure, with enough digging and searching, you can figure all of this stuff out on your own, like I did. But if you want to make the process so much easier and quicker, just SUBSCRIBE using the box below to get great information and resources for free! You’ll be glad you did.
About Beau Blackwell
Let’s Make Kids’ Books was created by Beau Blackwell. Beau is the author of 4 self-published children’s books, with many more on the way.
Before becoming an author, Beau spent 8 years working in e-commerce and marketing. In June 2013, he left the corporate world for good to become a marketing consultant and entrepreneur. After few months after that, he wrote his first children’s book for his two young kids. It was love at first write (sorry for the horrible pun).
As an avid reader and aspiring author, Beau quickly realized how fun and relatively easy it is to become a children’s book author in the era of self-publishing, and after encouragement from many friends and colleagues, started Let’s Make Kids’ Books as a way to help others achieve their dream of being a published author.
To get Beau’s best tips and strategies for making and selling your own children’s book, just enter your email below and click Sign Me Up!