This episode comes from questions I got from several members of my course and Facebook group– is it really possible to make money as a self-published children’s author? Is the income consistent? How much are we talking here?
All good questions, and all get addressed in this episode.
Earning money as a self-published children’s author is totally different from how you earn it as a traditionally published author, so I thought it was important to tackle the money-making side of the process. I also give some of my most hard-earned tips for earning more from your books!
In this episode, I cover:
- Whether it’s really possible to make money as a self-published children’s author
- What factors determine how much you can reasonably expect to make
- My tips for earning more from your books
- The kinds of books that usually sell the best
- Why you should publish even if your book isn’t likely to sell a lot
- Just how “passive” the income is
- And much more!
I hope you enjoy the episode!
- Subscribe on iTunes – Please leave a review if you enjoy the show! It just takes a second and really helps get the word out.
- Check out more episodes
- Subscribe to Let’s Make Kids’ Books – Get emailed whenever I release new episodes or blog posts, and get my free “6 Steps to Self-Publishing a Children’s Book” checklist!
If you’d like to publish your own children’s book but don’t know where to start in finding an illustrator, formatting the book, or getting it up for sale, check out my 6 Weeks to Your First Children’s Book training course! It’s got everything you need to know to publish your own children’s book and start making sales.