My guest this week is Catherine Driscoll, self-published author of the hit book “The Town Turkey.” Catherine wrote it based on a funny event that happened in her town, and ended up turning the idea into a very successful first book! In this interview she shares how she came up with the idea, what led her to self-publish and self-print (rather than using a print on demand service like CreateSpace), how she launched and marketed the book, and much more!
- What gave her the idea for the book in the first place
- Why she chose self-publishing over going traditional
- How and why she contracted with a printer, instead of going print on demand
- Her exact marketing strategy, which includes tons of ideas and techniques you can use too
- How she leveraged the local angle to sell more books and build her fan base
- Her brilliant tips for getting the most out of school visits and readings
- And much more!
Catherine is a very smart marketer and promoter, and the advice she shares in this episode will be a big help to you if you’re struggling to put together a marketing and launch plan for your books! Be sure to check it out and leave a comment below or a review on iTunes.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Town Turkey – The official site for Catherine’s book
- Ingram Spark
- Red Communications – Catherine’s marketing and communications company
- Subscribe on iTunes – Please leave a review if you enjoy the show! It just takes a second and really helps get the word out.
- Check out more episodes
- Subscribe to Let’s Make Kids’ Books – Get emailed whenever I release new episodes or blog posts, and get my free “6 Steps to Self-Publishing a Children’s Book” checklist!